Welcome to Music Ministry in Motion

Welcome to Music Ministry in Motion! A website totally devoted to the love of Christ and of Christian Music. Please join and become followers. We also have a weekly email subscription that you can sign up for by emailing musicministryinmotion@hotmail.com

Monday, March 23, 2009

Don't want to lose my soul

One of my all time favorite songs right now is by TobyMac – it’s called “Lose My Soul”. I love how it starts on his live album – how on the back of his daddy’s real-estate business card as a child it said what does it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his soul.
That statement has been ringing in my heart and mind a lot here of late. Part of the chorus says “ I don’t want to gain the whole world and lose my soul don’t want to walk away” I was thinking about that song and I thought, how true those words should be for every believer. Really what does it profit anyone to gain the whole world if there going to lose their soul and spend eternity in hell. I want to spend eternity in the presence of Jehovah – and you know you can’t really ever “spend” eternity because it’s eternity – its infinite! It’s like I heard my cousin Doug preach a few weeks back – when Jesus died on the cross for us – everything we needed was in just one drop of His precious blood that He shed for us. He when He died on Calvary shed way more than just one little drop of blood so why would I want to Lose My Soul when such a great price was paid for it.
Another part of that song says “Lord I’m relying on you; I’m relying on you Lord – cause I don’t want to gain the whole world and lose my soul!”
It’s my prayer that everyone would make up there mind and begin to serve Jesus Christ. After all – why wouldn’t you want to give your soul to a man who loved you so much that He died for you! He lost His life for you to have life – for your soul to choose to live for Him or not!
Even when we have to battle the storms in our lives – the storms are only temporary – but our soul – if we give it over to Christ – is going to live forever!His love is amazing and I don’t know about you but I’m going to spend everyday giving my soul to the one who created it – and letting Him mold me and make me and shape me into what He wants me to be!

Trish D

1 comment:

  1. I had not heard that song before, so I looked it up! Praise God for TobyMac & all the differtent ways of looking at those lyrics! Yes, to be clay in his hands...that's what I want to be...thanks for showing me this new song.

    {{Huggs}}

    ReplyDelete