Welcome to Music Ministry in Motion

Welcome to Music Ministry in Motion! A website totally devoted to the love of Christ and of Christian Music. Please join and become followers. We also have a weekly email subscription that you can sign up for by emailing musicministryinmotion@hotmail.com

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Only the World

Have you heard the song by Mandisa, “Only the World”? Oh my goodness if you haven’t you need to. I absolutely love this song right now, it has ministered to me in so many ways.

Most recently the way I won’t forget that it has ministered to me is through a Girls Sleepover we had at the end of January. My cousin Jennifer spoke to the girls that night about how they needed to surrender everything to God because time is so short and things are wrapping up quickly and “It’s only the world” and were going to be in Heaven (if we know, love and serve Jesus) I sang this song to those girls before my cousin spoke and I tell you – I can’t sing it like Mandisa – but the words to that song ring in my ears how powerful to think:

“Been a hard one, been a bad one, been a tough one, been a sad one, it’s been one of those days that keep chipping away at my heart, nothing new here, it’s what I do here, it’s a stereotypical day in the life, I’m surrounded by all of the pain in the strife, but I know it’s all right.

It’s only the world I’m living in, only the day I’ve been giving, there ain’t no way I’m giving in ‘cause it’s only the world, I know the best is still yet to come, even when my days in the world are done, there’s gonna be so much more, than only the world to me”


Don’t the words to the 1st verse and the chorus of that song make you want to get up and shout – it sure does me! When I think of that song I think you know it’s true, no matter what our day has been like, no matter what we are going through. It’s only the world and the best is yet to come. Heaven is not that far off for the believer, I believe with all my heart that God is getting ready to tell his angel Gabriel, blow the trumpet, and look at Jesus and say, “Son go get my children”. Whoa! Glory! I can’t hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment